Traveling to Jordan? If you travel internationally frequently, you surely know that not all countries in the world have the same voltage or power sockets.
Countries like the US have a standard voltage of 110V, while Jordan has a standard voltage of 230V, similar to many European countries. What happens if you plug your low voltage device into a high voltage outlet? You may very well say goodbye to your device as it will eventually fry it. Or worse, start a fire.
If you’re traveling from the US to Jordan, you’ll need a so called step-down converter. These devices convert high voltages (e.g. 230V) to safely charge devices with low voltage capacities (e.g. 110V).
Travelers from the UK and Ireland will need a travel adapter when visiting Jordan. While the voltage in the UK and Jordan is the same, the power sockets are different in both countries. Without a travel adapter, you won’t be able to plug your 3-pin UK device into a 2-pin socket in Jordan.
Below you’ll find a selection of voltage converters and travel adapters that are suitable for Jordan.
Voltage Converters for Travelers from the USA and Japan
Countries such as the USA and Japan have a standard voltage of 110V and 100V respectively. Therefore, devices are only compatible with a 100-110V plug. Since Jordan has a standard voltage of 230V, you’ll need step-down converter to safely charge your device. By the way, these step-down converters are not only suitable for Jordan, but you can also use them in most European countries, as Jordan and Europe have the same voltage and power sockets. Below is a selection of high-quality voltage converters for Jordan.
1. SOKOO International Power Converter
- Equipped with built-in fuse and thermostat
- Has 4 USB ports and 2 sockets
- Comes with a detachable 5 feet EU power cable and 4 adapters
- Just as small as a passport making it easy to carry
- Suitable for most devices (shavers, trimmers, laptops, electric toothbrushes…)
2. Easton Travel Voltage Converter
- Equipped with IC charging technology that auto-detects devices to maximize the fastest possible charge speed
- Built-in 490 joules protector that is certified by ETL, FCC, and RoHS
- Fire-resistant ABS shell
- Equipped with 3 AC outlets, 2 USB ports, 1 QC 3.0 port, and a Type-C port for modern phones, cameras, and other gadgets
- Comes with a 5 ft EU cable and 5 adapters
3. BESTEK Universal Voltage Converter
- Equipped with 4 USB charging ports, 3 AC sockets that support 250 watts
- Can charge up to 7 devices simultaneously
- USB outputs are isolated from the AC power to help prevent damage to devices
- Equipped with overloading, overheating, over-current, and short-circuit protection
- Comes with 1 EU cable and 3 adapters
Travel Adapters for Travelers from the UK and Ireland
UK and Ireland devices operate in 230V, which is the same voltage as you find in Jordan. However, Jordan mainly uses the plug types C, D, F, G, and J (2-pin sockets) while in the UK you’ll only find the so-called type G (3-pin sockets). Therefore, you’ll need a travel adapter to be able to plug your 3-pin device into a 2-pin socket. You can also use these travel adapters in most European countries, as Jordan and Europe have the same voltage and power sockets. Below is a selection of high-quality travel adapters for Jordan.
1. ANRANK Universal Travel Adapter (2 Packs)
- Connects UK devices to 2-pin sockets
- Compact size and easy to carry
- Leightweight (0.6 ounces)
- Suitable for voltages up to 250V
- Pack of two (suitable for two devices)
2. International Travel Adapter
3. Unidapt Travel Adapter Type C
- Small and leightweight (easy to carry)
- Port for power cables and USB cables
- LED light to indicate charging
- Suitable for Europe and Jordan
Travel Adapters Europe to Jordan
Traveling to Jordan from Europe (Netherlands, Germany, France, Spain…)? Then you won’t need any adapter or converter for Jordan. Jordan as well as most European countries have a standard voltage of 230V and 2-pin sockets. Therefore, European devices are compatible with Jordanian plugs vice-versa.
Get my Jordan Travel Guide
✓ Travel planning essentials
✓ Best sights and activities
✓ Getting around in Jordan
✓ Over 150 photos and maps
✓ 3 sample itineraries
✓ FAQ from other travelers
✓ Introduction to Jordan’s food
✓ Arabic vocabulary for Jordan
… and much more!